Position: Receptionist/Front Office Greeter
Responsible for patient check-in, treating all patients in a professional and courteous manner. Reviews patient charts to verify necessary information and signatures have been obtained. Enters new patient information into computer. Ensures the patient feels welcome to the practice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
2. Ability to work as a team member.
3. Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
4. Highly motivated and organized.
5. Empathetic with patients’ needs and concerns.
6. Excels under pressure.
7. Attentive to detail.
8. Treats patients and co-workers with respect.
1. Patient Check-In
• Responsible for patient check-in, greeting each patient in a pleasant and professional manner.
• Tracks patients in the reception area and communicates with them as needed.
• Evaluates chart data to verify all information has been received and completed, and signatures obtained.
• Photocopies patient insurance cards.
• Ensures that proper authorization or referral is collected from each patient.
• Assists patients in obtaining authorization or referrals that have not been received by the practice.
• Enters all new patient demographic information into the computer.
• Puts charts in bin for specific physician or technician.
• Marks arrival time of patients in office and makes sure that patients are seen on time.
• Places telephone calls to new patients to confirm upcoming appointments and verifies information required of the patient at the time of appointment.
• Places telephone calls to no-show appointments; reschedules as needed.
• Provides back-up support on telephones.
• Inspects reception room for neatness.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Assists other front office personnel as needed.