It’s a simple fact of life. As women and men age, they begin to lose volume in their faces, resulting in an aged, sunken in look. While there are a variety of dermal fillers out on the market to restore facial volume, at Natural Image OC, board-certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Sikorski often recommends her patients take a different approach. Using fat transfer from problem areas such as the stomach and buttocks, Dr. Sikorski injects your body’s own fat into areas that require more volume. The results are often more beneficial than those provided solely with dermal fillers*.
The Many Benefits of Fat Transfer for Restoring Facial Volume
While there’s nothing wrong with dermal fillers and, in fact, Dr. Sikorski uses them quite frequently in her practice, fat transfer can offer certain patients additional benefits that dermal fillers simply can’t provide*. These include:
- The ability to remove unwanted fatty deposits from problem areas such as the abdomen or buttocks while also filling in sunken areas of your face that need additional volume.
- The fact that fat transfers tend to provide longer-lasting results to patients than dermal fillers.
- Reduced risk of allergic reactions, as fat transfer uses your body’s own fat to fill in your sunken facial features, versus a cosmetic dermal filler that a small percentage of patients may reject.
- Lowered cost of the overall procedure.
- The ability to store harvested fat for up to one year after your initial procedure for touch-up treatments.
Your Experience with Fat Transfer
If you’re a resident interested in fat transfer to restore facial volume, we highly recommend that you schedule a consultation appointment with Dr. Sikorski at Natural Image OC. During this initial appointment, Dr. Sikorski will:
- Listen to your concerns about your problem areas.
- Examine your face, as well as the areas in which you would like to have fat harvested to determine if there is enough fat with which to work.
- Explain the fat transfer procedure to you in detail and answer any questions you may have.
- Take a full medical history to confirm you are a healthy candidate for the fat transfer procedure.
- Create an individualized treatment plan based on your unique physique and needs.
On the day of your treatment, you’ll arrive at our office ready for your procedure. Dr. Sikorski will harvest the fat from your pre-selected problem areas, and it will be filtered in our onsite laboratory. Once the fat is cleansed, it will be injected into your facial problem areas.
You may experience some swelling in your facial treatment areas after your procedure. This is normal. Dr. Sikorski doesn’t place any work or exercise restrictions on her fat transfer patients, though she does recommend they take it easy for a few days after their procedure.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you’re interested in restoring your facial volume via a fat transfer, then don’t delay. Give us a call at our office today to schedule an initial consultation.
*Individual results may vary.