Fat transfer is the latest craze for filling in sunken facial features. With this procedure, fat is grafted via liposuction, cleansed in Natural Image OC’s onsite laboratory, and then injected into your facial problem areas. The results are often amazing, typically outliving the volume added from dermal fillers alone*.
Fat grafting can be used to excise fat from a variety of problem areas on your body, including your abdomen, buttocks, outer thighs, inner thighs or flanks. Once cleansed, this fat can be injected into a variety of areas of your face, including:
- Facial features that look flat or less defined
- Facial skin that doesn’t appear firm
- Fine lines and wrinkles
Fat grafting offers a variety of benefits over using traditional dermal fillers, including:
- Excess harvested fat can be stored for up to a year for touch-ups on your face.
- Using fat reduces the risk that your body will reject the filler, as your body can’t reject its own
- Fat transfers tend to last longer than dermal fillers.*
- Fat transfers provide the added benefit of removing unwanted fat from problem areas on your body.
Your Experience with Fat Grafting
If you’re a resident who thinks fat grafting might be the right solution for you and your facial issues, we highly recommend you schedule an initial consultation with Natural Image OC. During this first appointment, Dr. Sikorski will:
- Listen to the problem areas on your face and your body.
- Examine you to determine if you are an ideal candidate for the fat transfer procedure.
- Take a full medical history.
- Prepare a personalized treatment plan for you.
On the day of your procedure, you will arrive at our facility ready for the fat transfer process to begin. You’ll be numbed before the liposuction takes place, and our medical team will cleanse and filter the harvested fat for immediate injection into your face. You may notice some initial facial swelling at the sites at which the fat is transferred. This is normal. While Dr. Sikorski places no limitations on her fat transfer patients regarding their return to work or exercise, she does recommend they take it easy for a few days after their procedure.
Am I a Candidate for a Fat Transfer Procedure?
Dr. Sikorski carefully screens all of her fat transfer candidates to confirm they are ideal patients for the procedure. Her criteria include ensuring you are:
- In good overall health.
- Have realistic expectations for your
- Are a non-smoker, as smoking can complicate both the procedure and your recovery time.
- Are in good psychological health.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Sikorski
Not every cosmetic surgeon offers fat transfer instead of dermal fillers for facial volume adding. Dr. Sikorski is unique in this practice and has years of experience performing this procedure. You can trust her artistic skill and technical know-how if you select her for your fat transfer procedure.
If you’re ready to take the next step in adding to your appearance and looking as great as you feel inside, we highly recommend you call Natural Image OC today for an initial consultation at their office.
*Individual results may vary