The eyes are the windows to the soul. But your eyes can’t say too much if people can’t see them because your upper eyelids droop, or your lower eyelids sag so much that other people find it hard to keep eye contact with you. That can definitely leave people uneasy and can give people the wrong impression about who you are – on the inside. At Natural Image OC, Dr. Sikorski can correct your sagging or drooping eyelids by performing a blepharoplasty. With over 20 years of experience providing men and women with amazing results through her precision and artistic skill, Dr. Sikorski is honored to help those in need, especially if your eyelids are interfering with your daily life. To learn more about what a blepharoplasty is, what it can correct, and how you can ensure your recovery will be a smooth one, keep reading.
Blepharoplasty – How It Can Help
Blepharoplasty, or as you may more commonly know it, eyelid surgery, is a surgical procedure performed by Dr. Sikorski to improve the appearance or function of a patient’s eyelids. This cosmetic procedure can be performed on the upper eyelids, the lower eyelids, or both.
Blepharoplasty is especially beneficial for residents who are living with functional problems with their eyelids, meaning eyelids that droop so low their vision is impaired.
Blepharoplasty – What It Can Treat
Eyelid surgery is considered a long-lasting solution to drooping or sagging eyelids, and it is used to treat:
- Loose or sagging skin on the eyelid that creates extra folds in the upper eyelid, which sometimes leads to impaired vision,
- Deposits of fat that cause the eye to appear puffy, either in the upper or lower lids,
- Dark bags under the eyes,
- Lower eyelids that sag so low the white below the iris is exposed, and
- Fine lines and wrinkles and excess skin on the lower eyelid.
Blepharoplasty – How To Have A Smooth Recovery
Most men and women only experience little pain after a blepharoplasty, but swelling and bruising should be expected. Typically, the swelling and bruising will subside within 10-14 days, but complete healing and final results won’t be visible for a few months after the surgery. In order to ensure your results are everything you want, it is important to follow some important steps during your recovery period. Until Dr. Sikorski clears you to do otherwise,
- Avoid activities that could cause your eyes to be very dry
- Keep your head elevated as much as possible to reduce swelling and bruising
- Do not aggressively rub your eyelids
- Do not wear makeup
- Avoid exercise or any activity that could increase blood flow to the eyes
- Do not smoke, as smoking restricts blood vessels, which will drastically increase your recovery time
Call Dr. Sikorski at Natural Image OC Today
If you have been dealing with sagging or drooping eyelids for too long, call Dr. Sikorski today to schedule an initial consultation. During your visit, she will be able to examine your eyelids and explain how she believes a blepharoplasty could help. She will also be able to answer any questions or concerns you have regarding the procedure. Call her office today!