Dermal fillers are a great way for men and women to improve their looks without going under the knife. And every year Dr. Sikorski sees hundreds of people wanting to learn more about dermal fillers, which are a safe and effective way to provide men and women with a rested and youthful look. One thing Dr. Sikorski wants her patients to know is that some bruising can occur after having dermal fillers, so it is important to stay calm and not become alarmed if you experience this side effect after your treatment. In order to best prepare you for this potential, we want to provide you with some ways you can help reduce bruising after dermal fillers.
How To Reduce Bruising With Fillers Before Your Treatment
Believe it or not, residents can reduce their chances of bruising by taking some steps before going in for treatment.
- Communicate with Dr. Sikorski about all of the medications you are taking. There may be some that should be discontinued (if possible) before coming in for your procedure. There are some medications that thin out your blood, making it harder for it to clot, which can result in excessive bruising. However, DO NOT stop taking any medication before talking with Dr. Sikorski.
- Stop drinking alcohol at least 1-2 days prior to receiving dermal fillers.
- If you are cleared to do so, you can take Arnica Montana one day before your treatment to help reduce bruising.
How To Reduce Bruising With Fillers After Your Treatment
While many of the aforementioned tips can help reduce patients’ chances of bruising through proactive steps, some of the most effective ways to reduce bruising are by immediately stepping in after your treatment and following all of Dr. Sikorski’s recommendations.
- Avoid exercising for 24-48 hours after receiving your dermal fillers and do not do any activity that causes your heart rate to go above 100.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure until your initial redness and bruising have
- Do not squeeze or manipulate the treated area, as this could increase your chance of bruising and could alter your results.
- Keep your head elevated for the first 24 hours after you receive your dermal fillers.
- Apply a cold compress to your face for the first 24 hours to reduce bruising.
- Men and women should be sure to stay hydrated after their dermal fillers. This will help your cells rejuvenate and reduce your chances of bruising.
- Avoid wearing hats in the days after your treatment, especially if you have received treatment on your forehead. The pressure from your hat could cause the filler to move down your face and settle into your eyelids, causing bruising.
Visit Dr. Sikorski To Learn More About Dermal Fillers
Dr. Sikorski wants to help her patients look their best by providing non-surgical solutions to their cosmetic needs. If you want to get rid of fine lines or wrinkles, she can help by precisely placing dermal fillers in your trouble spots. Give her a call at Natural Image OC today to schedule your dermal filler consultation.