Among the most common facial signs of aging that Orange County women and men experience is sunken cheeks. This hollowed-out appearance can make you look older than you actually are or feel inside. Luckily, a specialized procedure called fat transfer that is performed by Natural Image OC’s cosmetic surgeon Dr. Sikorski can add the desired volume to your sunken in cheekbones, while simultaneously eliminating fat from problem areas on your body.
What is a Fat Transfer?
Fat Transfer is an alternative to dermal facial fillers. With a fat transfer, unwanted fatty deposits are taken from your body’s problem areas, typically your abdomen or buttocks. This fat is then immediately filtered at our onsite laboratory, and then injected into your cheeks or other sunken facial features. The result is more facial volume, which typically “takes” better than dermal fillers because you are using your body’s own natural fat, and usually lasts longer than dermal fillers*.
What Other Facial Features Can Fat Transfers Fill?
In addition to filling in sunken cheekbones, fat transfer patients can add volume to other facial features, including:
- The temples.
- The mid-face.
- Facial features that look flatter or less defined than desired.
- Facial skin that appears less firm than one wants.
- Apparent fine lines and wrinkles.
- Facial depressions created by scarring.
What is the Fat Transfer Experience Like?
If you’re curious if you’re an ideal candidate for a fat transfer, then the best thing you can do is schedule an initial consultation at our Orange County area office. During this first appointment, Dr. Sikorski will:
- Listen to your concerns about your problem areas.
- Evaluate your cheekbones or other facial areas to which you would like to add volume.
- Examine your problem areas to determine if you have sufficient fat to harvest for the fat transfer process.
- Take a full medical history. Even though a fat transfer is a relatively straightforward process, it’s important that Dr. Sikorski is aware of any medications or supplements you may take, as well as any medical conditions you may have.
- Answer all your questions about the procedure.
- Prepare a personalized treatment plan for you.
On the day of your fat transfer procedure, you will arrive at our Orange County offices ready to go. Dr. Sikorski will gently harvest fat from your pre-determined donor sites. This fat will be immediately cleansed and processed at our onsite laboratory to prepare it for injection in your cheeks or other facial features to which you desire fuller volume.
Once the fat is cleansed and treated, Dr. Sikorski will carefully inject it into your desired facial sites. While dermal fillers are also available for adding volume to the face, Dr. Sikorski likes to offer her patients fat transfer for a variety of reasons, including:
- Reduced risk of allergic reaction to dermal fillers, which a small percentage of dermal filler patients may experience.
- The added benefit of adding facial volume and eliminating stubborn, unwanted fatty deposits.
- Fat transfers typically last longer than dermal fillers*.
Schedule a Consultation Today
If a fat transfer sounds like the type of procedure you are interested in, then don’t delay. Contact our Orange County area office now to schedule your initial consultation at (949) 448-0487.
*Individual results may vary.