Your skin is not just the biggest organ in your body, but it’s also one of the most adaptable and resilient. The skin can stretch to accommodate pregnancy and can also heal itself from traumatic injuries. But over time our skin will start to show its age–literally. Sun and liver spots, warts, wrinkles, and other blemishes can all draw unwanted attention to your age and appearance. So what options do patients have to remove blemishes and wrinkles and look younger and healthier? One of the best solutions is something called laser resurfacing. Orange County and Mission Viejo men and women can erase discolorations and wrinkles from their skin very quickly and with limited recovery time. Of course, the next question is: which types of skin conditions can actually be treated with lasers? In this blog post, we’ll look at how versatile laser resurfacing is and which types of skin ailments can be addressed with it.
How Laser Resurfacing Works
There are a wide range of skin conditions and issues that can be treated successfully with laser resurfacing. Orange County and Mission Viejo patients often ask us exactly how lasers can smooth their skin and eliminate skin blemishes. Here’s a quick look at how they work.
- Types of lasers – Dr. Sikorski has invested in some of the absolute latest in laser resurfacing lasers. The most common type of laser is called a fractional CO2 laser. Another common laser is called the Erbium laser.
- Removing skin – Your skin is made up of three layers: the epidermis (top), the dermis (middle), and subcutaneous layers (bottom). With laser resurfacing, the lasers are able to penetrate through the epidermis and down into the dermis where they vaporize very thin segments of the skin.
- Rebuilding – By destroying those layers of skin, the lasers force your body to rebuild them. This allows your body to replace scars, wrinkles, and pigment discolorations with new, healthy skin.
Treating Conditions if Laser Resurfacing
Orange County and Mission Viejo patients that suffer from certain skin ailments can totally transform the appearance of their skin with some simple laser resurfacing techniques. But not all skin issues can be corrected with this treatment.
- Scars – Whether it’s an old scar from college or large patches of acne scars, laser resurfacing can almost erase of facial scars. With acne scars, in particular, many of our patients that have suffered from them for years–sometimes decades. Erasing them is often an incredibly emotional time for our patients.
- Discolorations/Skin tone – Sun spots, liver spots, and age spots can all be virtually eliminated with resurfacing. Even if you just have uneven skin tone laser resurfacing can even it out.
- Wrinkles – Crows feet at the corner of your eyes, smiles lines, and forehead wrinkles can all be greatly reduced with laser resurfacing.
Why Work with Dr. Sikorski for Laser Resurfacing?
Orange County is one of the most beautiful places in the world. With lots of sunshine and plenty to do outdoors, many of our patients spend a good deal of time in the sun. If you’ve been noticing sun spots, wrinkles, or any other kind of skin blemish that you’d like to address, just give us a call at (949) 448-0487.
Orange County and Mission Viejo patients that work with Dr. Sikorski get access to some of the absolute best skin treatment in the world. Not only is Dr. Sikorski one of only a few doctors certified by the American Board of Dermatology, but she’s also an active clinical staff member of the Department of Dermatology at the University of California, Irvine. But on top of that, the thing our patients love most about Dr. Sikorski are the youthful, natural-looking results that they get. Just take a look at our gallery of Before-and-After pictures to see for yourself. We can’t wait to help you get started with your new, smooth, and younger looking skin!
Orange County and Mission Viejo patients that are ready to transform their skin with laser resurfacing treatment can call our office at (949) 448-0487 for more information!