For residents who are showing signs of aging including deep creases, folds and loose, sagging skin, a facelift can be a wonderful procedure that turns back the hands of time and makes you look like the best version of yourself. At Natural Image OC, Dr. Sikorski uses her medical and fine arts training, always striving to provide her facelift patients with results that enhance their true beauty naturally, and doesn’t make them look “done up.” If you’re a resident who is becoming self-conscious about the way your face appears, a facelift might be the right procedure to provide you with a more refreshed, youthful appearance, and to help you regain the confidence in your face that you may have lost.
When patients get a facelift at Natural Image OC, Dr. Sikorski works to provide a rejuvenated look by:
- Reducing sagging in the mid-face;
- Removing creases and hollowed-out skin below the lower eyelids;
- Eliminating deep creases along the nose and mouth;
- Repositioning or extracting fatty deposits of the face that have fallen or are misplaced;
- Getting rid of jowls that sag at the jawline as a result of loosened muscle tone; and
- Removing a double chin.
While a facelift will never stop the aging process, it can provide you with a more refreshed, energetic look for about 5 to 10 years.
Accompanying Procedures for Facelift Patients
In addition to providing facelift surgery, Dr. Sikorski often works with her facelift patients to add complementary facial treatments to complete their enhanced look, including:
- Blepharoplasty, or an eyelift to tighten up sagging eyelids;
- A brow lift, to reduce creases in the forehead and lift up drooping eyebrows;
- A neck lift, to tighten up loose and sagging skin to match your face’s more youthful appearance after a facelift; and
- The use of facial injectables and dermal fillers to fill in superficial fine lines and wrinkles throughout the face.
Selecting the Right Facelift for You
Facelift patients may choose between a number of facelift procedures offered by Natural Image OC’s Dr. Sikorski to achieve their desired look.
- Composite Facelift
A composite facelift is an excellent option for patients to select when aging is apparent throughout the entire face and neck. With a composite facelift, the neck, face, eyes and brows are all addressed during one surgical procedure, providing you with a totally refreshed look.
- SMAS Facelift
An SMAS facelift is the most popular face and neck lift combination procedure. With this facelift option, patients ages 45 and older have their skin smoothed out, as well as a tightening of the face’s Superficial Musculo-Aponeurotic System, or SMAS. After the face is corrected, the neck is tightened, so that loosened skin is removed.
- Mid Facelift
A mid-facelift is perfect for residents with sagging cheeks and drooping corners of the mouth, but otherwise, have a youthful-looking face and neck. With a mid-face lift, the cheeks are tightened up, which removes nasolabial folds of the mouth, too.
- Active Lift™
Offered exclusively by Dr. Sikorski of Natural Image OC, the Active Lift is a less invasive facelift that is more like a mini lift. With the ActiveLift, patients have loosened skin tightened and removed, as well as liposuction of fatty areas. The ActiveLift is perfect for facelift patients who do not yet need a full composite or SMAS facelift. An ActiveLift has a faster recovery time than traditional facelifts.
What Can I Expect During My Facelift?
On the day of your facelift, you will arrive at the surgical center – you cannot have anything to eat or drink after going to sleep the night prior. You will be placed under general anesthesia for your comfort. Dr. Sikorski will skillfully hide incisions in the hairline, beginning at the temples, and then following down along behind the ear, earlobe, and lower scalp. If you are getting a neck lift along with your facelift, a small incision may be made underneath your chin.
Facelifts take 3-4 hours, depending on the amount of work being performed. And even though they take longer to complete, Dr. Sikorski always uses stitches, not staples, to close facelift incisions to provide her patients with more even scarring.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facelift?
Residents are typically good candidates for a facelift if they:
- Are 45 years or older and showing the signs of aging including deep facial creases, folds, and sagging skin on their face and neck;
- In good general health;
- Non-smokers, as smoking can negatively impact both the surgery and recovery time;
- Have realistic expectations for the facelift; and
- Are in good psychological health.
Learning More About Facelifts
If you are intrigued by the information you have read and are ready for a more refreshed, rejuvenated appearance, call Natural Image OC to schedule a free consultation with Dr. Sikorski.