About the doctor
Dr. Binh T. Ngo received her undergraduate degree in biochemistry at UCLA. She was a research scientist at Baxter Biotech in Duarte, California prior to entering the University of Nebraska School of Medicine from which she graduated in May 2003. Dr. Ngo subsequently completed two years of internal medicine residency at USC prior to entering a dermatology residency at Harbor – UCLA Medical Center in 2005. She served as chief resident in dermatology from 2007 – 2008.
She received her board certification from the American Board of Dermatology and joined the USC faculty as assistant professor of dermatology in November 2008. In addition, Dr. Ngo is the founder of the Case Report Group at USC. While pursuing a residency in dermatology, she served as a volunteer research fellow in the Division of Nephrology at USC surveying cutaneous perfusion in patients with chronic kidney disease.
Dr. Ngo has authored several publications in major medical journals. She is heavily involved in the teaching of dermatology residents and has received a teaching award for her efforts. She serves as a peer reviewer for several journals, notably the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Bachelor’s of Science, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Nebraska College of Medicine, Omaha, NE, 2003
- LAC+USC Medical Center, Internal Medicine, 2003 – 2005
- Harbor – UCLA Medical Center, Dermatology, 2005 – 2008 (Chief Resident 2007 – 2008)
- LAC+USC Medical Center, Nephrology, 2005
- American Board of Dermatology
Professional Society Memberships:
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Dermatology Foundation
- Medical Dermatology Society
- California Society of Dermatology & Dermatologic Society
- AAD Leadership Circle of Volunteerism 2010 President’s Volunteer Service Award presented by the President’s Council on Service and Civic Participation to members of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Outstanding Faculty Teaching Award 2010 for excellence in dermatology residents teaching, LAC + USC Keck School of Medicine
- AAD Leadership Forum, January 29-31, 2010. Selected among a pool of young leaders to participate in this leadership forum. Team was awarded first place for team building activity.
- AAD Diversity Mentorship Program Medical Student Mentorship Program May 2010
- Guide to America’s Top Dermatologists (www.consumersresearchcncl.org) 2008, 2009, 2010
- Medical Dermatology Society Mentorship Award, 2007
- Kopelman Foundation Grant (www.ilven.org), 2005
- Resident Research Award in Internal Medicine, USC, 2004