Blepharoplasty, or cosmetic eyelid surgery, is a facial cosmetic procedure used to correct issues with collagen depletion and the sagging, bulging or (drooping) look that develops around the eyes as you age. Eyelid rejuvenation surgery can turn back the clock 7-10 years, improving vision, , puffy bags, , crispness of the eyelid platform. The appearance of fine lines, crepe-like skin can be improved by adding a laser treatment.
The eyes are one of the facial features that best personify an individual, and the skin around the eyes is more susceptible to signs of aging than any other part of the face. Whether you are seeking to combat the effects of heredity, stress, or are looking to turn back the biological clock, blepharoplasty may be your solution to a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance.
Benefits of Blepharoplasty
The key benefits of blepharoplasty include:
- Smoothens Wrinkles and Fine Line when combined with laser
- Tightens Skin Around the Eyes
- Reduction of Bags Under the Eyes
- Simpler Makeup Application
- Improved Vision
- Younger, Rejuvenated and Refreshed Appearance
- Short Recovery Time
- Compatible with Other Facial Procedures
Ideal Candidates for Blepharoplasty
The best candidates for blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery are women or men who have begun to show signs of aging in the eyelids or skin around the eyes. The best candidates for eyelid surgery must be in good health and should have a comprehensive understanding of the procedure, including potential risks, benefits, and costs. A potential candidate must also maintain realistic expectations for the procedure.
Blepharoplasty surgery is perfect for those looking to correct:
- Drooping Upper Eyelids
- Lower Eyelid Bags
- Excessive Skin That Hangs or “Hoods” Over Eyelids
- Deep Grooves Under Eyelids
- Excess Lower Eyelid Skin or Bulging
- Tired or Fatigued Demeanor
What Are the Costs Related to Blepharoplasty in Orange County?
Blepharoplasty is a popular cosmetic surgery performed worldwide. Blepharoplasty procedures in Orange County typically range from $3,000 to $4,500 for both upper eyelids and between $3,000 to $4,500 for both lower eyelids.Total price estimates include the surgeon’s fee, operating room fees, pre-op, and follow-up visits. A final cost is provided after a patient is fully evaluated to assess their respective eyelift surgery needs. Combining the lower eyelids and upper eyelids procedures at the same time can save downtime and expense.
As an AAAHC accredited outpatient surgery center, Natural Image OC boasts fair pricing with a 25% decrease in average pricing related to blepharoplasty and eyelid rejuvenation procedures. We reduce the additional costs typically related to satellite surgical centers and forego “overtime” costs that can accrue from extra surgery time or anesthesiologist fees.
What Should I Expect During the Blepharoplasty Surgery?
We guarantee to make the procedure as comfortable as possible.
Our trained professionals are experts at creating a comfortable and safe experience for every one of our patients. On an annual basis, Dr. Sikorski completes hundreds of successful eyelid rejuvenation surgeries. General or local anesthesia administered by our experienced team is a quick and simple process. Natural Image OC promises to provide ultimate comfort throughout every step of the blepharoplasty process.
During the procedure, Dr. Sikorski will expertly mark the natural crease in your eyelid and remove excess skin around it with a thermal scalpel or a laser. Dr. Sikorski’s procedure will revise the eyelids to give them cleaner lines and a firmer appearance. Inconspicuous incisions are made on the natural crease of the eyelid, then dressed in small sutures. The incision will heal and fade over time, and results can remove years of aging, correct cosmetic concerns, and restore a more refreshed and youthful appearance.
Compared to most cosmetic surgery procedures, eyelid rejuvenation surgery is relatively hassle-free. The procedure does not have to be done at a hospital or outpatient surgery center, and all blepharoplasty and eyelid rejuvenation surgeries are performed at Natural Image OC’s accredited office in sunny Orange County, California.
How Long Does a Blepharoplasty Surgery Take?
Blepharoplasty takes about 1-2 hours depending if the upper and lower eyelids are done at the same time.
Options for Blepharoplasty Surgery
After a highly personalized consultation with Dr. Sikorski, the eyelid revitalization techniques that may be used alone or in combination include:
Surgical Eyelid Rejuvenation
- Skin Pinch Blepharoplasty – removes a small amount of excess skin below the lower or upper eyelid with a small and indistinct incision beneath the lash line, best for those with mild to moderate lower lid skin excess
- Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty – removes excess lower eyelid fat without the use of external incisions, effective for reducing bulging eye bags
- Fat Grafts for Tear and Volume Loss – this procedure harvests autologous fat from your own body, then transfers it to the eyelid area to restore youthfulness
- Lower Eyelid Fat Repositioning – reinforces the lower lid muscles and natural movement without removal of fat, which helps to reduce puffiness and increase youthfulness
- Eyelid Ptosis (Drooping Eyelids) Blepharoplasty – treated by tightening any muscles around the eye while surgically removing any excess skin or fat
Non-Surgical Eyelid Rejuvenation
- Laser Resurfacing – uses state of the art laser treatments to improve texture, color, and skin tone of the eyelid area
- Non-surgical Lower Eyelid Rejuvenation – this non-surgical procedure focuses on the lower eyelid to add volume and reduce trough area shadows using facial filler injections or fat injections
- Botox – small numbing injections rejuvenate the appearance of the eye area by relaxing the muscles around them, elevating the brows, reducing crows’ feet and frown lines
- Radiofrequency Therapy – FDA approved, non-invasive Ultherapy treatment and thermage radiofrequency technology to stimulate collagen production around the eyelids by penetrating the dermis in a high-density dot pattern, effectively promoting rapid healing response and new collagen growth over time
Combining Blepharoplasty with Other Procedures
This procedure has evolved and undergone various procedural changes over the years and can remove up to 7-10 years of aging from your appearance. It is common practice to combine eyelid surgery with a facelift and brow lift for enhanced results.
Endoscopic Brow Lift
A brow lift, or forehead lift (because it enhances the appearance of the forehead) is commonly done besides an eyelid surgery Tiny incisions are made in the hairline. An endoscope is used to visualize the brow and a release is performed so the brow can lift naturally.. This procedure, alongside a blepharoplasty, helps to diminish the appearance of deep forehead lines, frown lines and helps to raise hooded or drooping skin above the eyes while lifting the brows.
A facelift procedure combined with blepharoplasty helps to improve results by lifting the jowls and revitalizes the face by lifting skin and muscle evenly to rejuvenate the eye area. When combined with facelifts, facial contours and eyelid contours are more synergistic. Facelift surgery requires a substantial incision that extends from the temples and circles around the ears to the neck.
Dr. Sikorski is committed to finding the best action plan to fit your desired cosmetic needs in a free in-depth consultation. She can give further information on combining blepharoplasty with a brow lift or facelift for enhanced results.
Schedule Your Consultation with Dr. Sikorski
With over two decades of experience, blepharoplasty cosmetic facial surgery is one of the most rewarding procedures Dr. Sikorski performs at Natural Image OC in Orange County. Our team continues to set the highest standards of excellence in patient care and offer consistently beautiful results.
Dr. Sikorski is committed to achieving the cosmetic eyelid enhancement results you desire with one surgery or combining blepharoplasty with other procedures. You are one consultation away from achieving a more youthful, rejuvenated, and refreshed appearance.
To receive individualized recommendations and learn more about how you can benefit from blepharoplasty, contact Natural Image OC at (949) 448-0487 to schedule a highly personalized consultation in Orange County today.
We proudly serve patients from Orange County, out-of-state, and international patients.