Blepharoplasty, or cosmetic eyelid surgery, is a facial cosmetic procedure used to correct issues with collagen depletion and the sagging, bulging or (drooping) look that develops around the eyes as you age. Eyelid rejuvenation surgery can turn back the clock 7-10 years, improving vision, puffy bags, crispness of the eyelid platform. The appearance of fine lines, crepe-like skin can be improved by adding a laser treatment.
The eyes are one of the facial features that personify an individual, and the skin around the eyes is more susceptible to signs of aging than any other part of the face. Whether you are seeking to combat the effects of heredity, stress, or are looking to turn back the biological clock, blepharoplasty may be your solution to a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance.
An Overview of Blepharoplasty
Blepharoplasty is a surgical eyelid procedure that rejuvenates and ‘uplifts” stretched, droopy, or weakened muscles around the eyelids. Excess skin, tissue, or fat from the upper or lower eyelids are surgically removed to give a more refreshed appearance and restore peripheral vision and performance.
The skin around the eyes is among the most delicate on the human body and requires the subtle and meticulous hand of a seasoned cosmetic surgeon. Dr. Sikorski seamlessly incorporates non-surgical, minimally invasive, and “minimal touch” techniques for blepharoplasty facial surgery to achieve beautiful, long-lasting results.
In an initial consultation, you and the doctor will agree on the aesthetics and procedures prior to your surgery to obtain the exact results you want. You may undergo a surgical or non-surgical facial cosmetic procedure, or in some cases, a combination of both. Dr. Sikorski may also recommend an eyebrow or facelift to produce enhanced results.
Play video to hear more about how the blepharoplasty procedure works.
Ideal Candidates for Blepharoplasty
The ideal candidates for blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery are women or men who have begun to show signs of aging in the eyelids or skin around the eyes. Candidates for eyelid surgery must be in good health and should have a comprehensive understanding of the procedure, including potential risks, benefits, and costs. A potential candidate must also maintain realistic expectations for the procedure.
Blepharoplasty surgery is perfect for those looking to correct:
- Drooping Upper Eyelids
- Lower Eyelid Bags
- Excessive Skin That Hangs or “Hoods” Over Eyelids
- Deep Grooves Under Eyelids
- Excess Lower Eyelid Skin or Bulging
- Tired or Fatigued Demeanor
What Are the Costs Related to Blepharoplasty in Orange County?
Blepharoplasty is a popular cosmetic surgery performed worldwide. Blepharoplasty procedures in Orange County typically range from $3,000 to $4,500 for both upper eyelids and between $3,000 to $4,500 for both lower eyelids.Total price estimates include the surgeon’s fee, operating room fees, pre-op, and follow-up visits. A final cost is provided after a patient is fully evaluated to assess their respective eyelift surgery needs. Combining the lower eyelids and upper eyelids procedures at the same time can save downtime and expense.
As an AAAHC accredited outpatient surgery center, Natural Image OC boasts fair pricing with a 25% decrease in average pricing related to blepharoplasty and eyelid rejuvenation procedures. We reduce the additional costs typically related to satellite surgical centers and forego “overtime” costs that can accrue from extra surgery time or anesthesiologist fees.
Your eyelid rejuvenation surgery will be performed at Natural Image OC’s accredited on-site surgical center in Orange County, CA. Our team at Natural Image OC is dedicated to your comfort and safety throughout the duration of your blepharoplasty. We welcome tours of the facility after booking an initial blepharoplasty consultation with Dr. Sikorski.
Are you ready to improve your appearance?
How Long Does a Blepharoplasty Surgery Take?
Blepharoplasty takes about 1-2 hours depending if the upper and lower eyelids are done at the same time.
Options for Blepharoplasty Surgery
After a highly personalized consultation with Dr. Sikorski, the eyelid revitalization techniques that may be used alone or in combination include:
Surgical Eyelid Rejuvenation
- Skin Pinch Blepharoplasty – removes a small amount of excess skin below the lower or upper eyelid with a small and indistinct incision beneath the lash line, ideal for those with mild to moderate lower lid skin excess
- Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty – removes excess lower eyelid fat without the use of external incisions, effective for reducing bulging eye bags
- Fat Grafts for Tear and Volume Loss – this procedure harvests autologous fat from your own body, then transfers it to the eyelid area to restore youthfulness
- Lower Eyelid Fat Repositioning – reinforces the lower lid muscles and natural movement without removal of fat, which helps to reduce puffiness and increase youthfulness
- Eyelid Ptosis (Drooping Eyelids) Blepharoplasty – treated by tightening any muscles around the eye while surgically removing any excess skin or fat
Non-Surgical Eyelid Rejuvenation
- Laser Resurfacing – uses state of the art laser treatments to improve texture, color, and skin tone of the eyelid area
- Non-surgical Lower Eyelid Rejuvenation – this non-surgical procedure focuses on the lower eyelid to add volume and reduce trough area shadows using facial filler injections or fat injections
- Botox – small numbing injections rejuvenate the appearance of the eye area by relaxing the muscles around them, elevating the brows, reducing crows’ feet and frown lines
- Radiofrequency Therapy – FDA approved, non-invasive Ultherapy treatment and thermage radiofrequency technology to stimulate collagen production around the eyelids by penetrating the dermis in a high-density dot pattern, effectively promoting rapid healing response and new collagen growth over time
Dr. Sikorski understands the reasons for undergoing blepharoplasty surgery are very personal. There is no “one size fits all” method when considering eyelid facial rejuvenation surgery.
A highly personalized free consultation with Dr. Sikorski is the first step in ensuring that we customize your goals and follow an effective course of action for you. In this initial consultation, she will be happy to go over your options for eyelid surgery. She will examine your eyelid shape, discuss cosmetic preferences, and target specific areas of concern. This personalized consultation ensures we accurately achieve a suitable direction for your aesthetic ideal before proceeding with the blepharoplasty procedure.
An initial consultation will take about one hour or more. In your consultation, Dr. Sikorski will:
- Listen to what you want to achieve with your surgery.
- Perform a thorough examination. Tell you her exact recommendations and reasoning behind them.
- Allow you to ask any questions you have regarding financing and eyelid rejuvenation procedures.
Her approach facilitates a comfortable environment with open two-way communication. Conversation during this consultation will aim to explore and inform you about all procedures so that we can accomplish your desired cosmetic result and deliver an enormous boost of confidence that comes with this life-changing surgery.
Combining Blepharoplasty with Other Procedures
This procedure has evolved and undergone various procedural changes over the years and can remove up to 7-10 years of aging from your appearance. It is common practice to combine eyelid surgery with a facelift and brow lift for enhanced results.
Endoscopic Brow Lift
A brow lift, or forehead lift (because it enhances the appearance of the forehead) is commonly done besides an eyelid surgery Tiny incisions are made in the hairline. An endoscope is used to visualize the brow and a release is performed so the brow can lift naturally.. This procedure, alongside a blepharoplasty, helps to diminish the appearance of deep forehead lines, frown lines and helps to raise hooded or drooping skin above the eyes while lifting the brows.
A facelift procedure combined with blepharoplasty helps to improve results by lifting the jowls and revitalizes the face by lifting skin and muscle evenly to rejuvenate the eye area. When combined with facelifts, facial contours and eyelid contours are more synergistic. Facelift surgery requires a substantial incision that extends from the temples and circles around the ears to the neck.
Dr. Sikorski is committed to finding the best action plan to fit your desired cosmetic needs in a free in-depth consultation. She can give further information on combining blepharoplasty with a brow lift or facelift for enhanced results.
Are There Any Risks Involved with Blepharoplasty?
With all cosmetic surgery, there is always a possibility for complications. To ensure beautiful and long-lasting results, it is important to look for a cosmetic surgeon with a proven track record of highly accomplished work. Dr. Sikorski has extensive experience with eyelid rejuvenation procedures and makes a special effort to ensure the most comfortable, natural, and positive surgical experience possible for her patients.
Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology for the Greater Orange County Area.
Dr. Sikorski offers cosmetic & dermatology procedures to patients in all Orange County communities, including Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Irvine, Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, San Clemente, and San Juan Capistrano. Schedule your own consultational appointment today!