As you age, you may notice that your skin isn’t as firm, or your features aren’t as full as when you were younger. At the same time, you may not be ready for a comprehensive aesthetic procedure, such as a facelift, browlift, or blepharoplasty. Dermal fillers offer an excellent entry into aesthetic improvement, restoring volume and fullness in a natural-looking way.
Mission Viejo and Orange County patients choose Dr. Lenore Sikorski for dermal fillers because of her experience, expertise, and aesthetic sensibilities. Certified by both the American Board of Dermatology and the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Sikorski is also an accomplished artist with years of study of the human form and face. With this background, she understands how changes to volume in the skin and revisions to facial features can significantly improve the aesthetics of a person’s appearance.
An Overview of Dermal Fillers
A youthful-looking face has firm skin and full features. Over time, however, features may lose some of the fat that gives them this volume, and the skin may become less elastic. Both changes can make facial lines more apparent and create an aged appearance.
Dermal fillers are injectable, FDA-approved materials that can:
- Reduce the visibility of facial lines.
- Restore volume and fullness to facial features.
Dr. Sikorski offers dermal fillers to Mission Viejo and Orange County patients who want more noticeable features, a softer facial contour, and fewer lines and wrinkles. The procedure is very tolerable for most patients and offers improvement that is noticeable, natural-looking, and attractive.
Dermal Filler Options
Dr. Sikorski has experience in and offers nearly every FDA-approved dermal filler. This allows her to serve a variety of needs and patient preferences for specific products. Her current offerings include:
- BELOTERO BALANCE®
- Restylane Defyne
- Restylane Refyne
- Silkon Microdroplets
You may also want to consider natural fat transfer, which reduces unwanted fat from targeted areas of your body and uses it to restore volume to your facial features.
Dr. Sikorski’s Approach to Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are an excellent treatment option for signs of aging, but the improvement that you may see depends greatly on:
- The specific location in which materials are applied.
- The amount of material that is injected.
- How the changes to one feature harmonize with other aspects of your face.
- The type of dermal filler that is used.
Mission Viejo and Orange County patients refer to and rely on Dr. Sikorski specifically for her expertise in these decisions. As part of their care, she studies how light plays along the facial features, how shadows may emphasize or age these features, and how tiny adjustments can draw attention to different areas of the face.
As a patient, you will receive an extensive consultation prior to treatment. Dr. Sikorski will help you see where volume loss is happening and discuss the amount of filler she recommends to achieve the results that you desire.
Features of Dermal Fillers
Dr. Sikorski employs a variety of dermal fillers in part because each offers different consistency, thickness, duration, and ancillary benefits:
- Dr. Sikorski typically advises Mission Viejo and Orange County patients to begin with fillers that have a limited duration. This gives them the chance to try out the product before committing to the change.
- Because certain dermal fillers are semi-permanent or permanent and because facial features may change around the fillers, she follows a very conservative approach. Dr. Sikorski only uses longer-duration materials in specific cases and targeted locations.
- The way your lips feel is different from the way that your cheek and chin feel. Dr. Sikorski will recommend the dermal fillers that best complement each feature.
Whether you are exploring options for reducing signs of aging or you have a specific product and use in mind, we welcome you to schedule a visit to our practice so you can learn more about dermal fillers.
Your Consultation Visit
You’ll enjoy a relaxing visit to our office where you can ask questions, meet our staff, take a tour of our office and surgical suite and view additional photo results of our Mission Viejo and Orange County patients.
Your consultation assessment is with Dr. Sikorski, not an impersonal or commissioned sales person. Fees and procedure preparations are discussed with our patient coordinator, who will detail the surgical experience with you.
Contact Natural Image OC’s office for a consultation in the Mission Viejo and Orange County area online or by phone at (949) 448-0487.