Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing for Acne Scarring with the MiXto Laser
Acne scarring is a common outcome of serious or long term acne. Getting rid of the scars is not easy, but for most, a visible improvement is attainable with the newer laser technologies.
The MiXto laser uses micro-columns of laser energy to reduce acne scarring while providing faster healing than traditional lasers. One or two MiXto laser procedures will improve even the most apparent acne scarring.
Dr. Sikorski has chosen the innovative MiXto SX Fractional laser for patients who wish to have an effective laser resurfacing treatment that is safe, tolerable, and effective with minimal downtime.
Single Procedures of the MiXto Laser Peel Can
- Smooth Acne Scars (Read patient reviews on Realself)
- Reduce Pigmentation & Sun Damage
- Reduce Wrinkles
- Tighten Loose Skin
- Stimulate New Collagen Production
- Reduce Incidence of Pre cancerous Actinic Keratosis.
How the MiXto is different from other fractional CO2 lasers such as the Fraxel Repair or the ActiveFX
The MiXto difference The Lasering Mixto SX combines the acknowledged gold-standard 10.6µm (CO2) wavelength for skin renewal procedures with a high-speed scanner that increases time between adjacent pulses.
This differs from other laser systems which keep laser microspots close together.
Turning down the pain in fractional laser resurfacing.
The MiXto’s scanning technique keeps the longest possible interval between adjacent spots that are being treated. This reduces the heat accumulation around the treated areas and allows for maximum thermal cooling of the tissue for reduced heat buildup. Reduced heat build up with this unique scanning pattern sets MiXto SX apart from other fractional laser resurfacing lasers.
One of the problems of many other fractional CO2 resurfacing is the accumulated thermal effects from side by side laser pulses. This causes considerable pain for patients and the need for aggressive pain control. With the technology behind MiXto, most facial resurfacing can be performed without undue patient discomfort and without anesthesia beyond a topical numbing gel.
Using a proprietary method of laser pulse patterning, the Italian-developed Mixto SX delivers a precise matrix of microspots that penetrates to the dermis and stimulates the formation of new collagen. At the same time, immediate shrinkage of damaged tissue is achieved. The patent pending Fractional methodology results in a faster healing process with less pain during treatment.
- Immediate Tightening: The immediate contraction of collagen fibers noticeably improves skin laxity, wrinkles and loose skin.
- Textural Improvement: Removes pigmentation problems, reduces pore size, wrinkles, acne scars, and other textural irregularities. Effective on skin lesions, dyschromia (discoloration from sun damage and aging) and on actinic keratoses (pre-cancerous cells that may be invisible to the naked eye.
- Down Time: The MiXto SX Fractional technique makes the healing process much quicker and enables you to get back to your normal life style sooner.
Who can benefit from MiXto CO2 Fractional Resurfacing?
MiXto fractional laser treatment is ideal for younger patients with acne scarring, older patients with a history of sun damage and superficial wrinkles, and those with superficial skin cancer lesions. A full treatment of the face takes about 30 minutes and requires little to no anesthesia.
What does the treatment feel like?
Most patients will feel some stinging and burning during the procedure and for several hours afterwards. The stinging and burning will usually subside by 1-2 days. You may take ibuprofen/acetaminophen or similar medications to minimize this discomfort.