When you look at a young baby’s skin, you’ll often notice how smooth, plump, and tight it is. When we’re young, our skin looks so healthy because of something called collagen. Collagen is a protein that gives your skin its “fullness” and elasticity. But with age, our skin begins to produce less collagen and loses that elasticity, which is what causes wrinkles.
However, there are several techniques to encourage collagen production for more youthful skin while also reducing wrinkles, scars, warts, liver spots, and more. One of the most popular and effective methods is called laser resurfacing. Orange County and Mission Viejo patients can look years younger with just a couple treatments. Plus, the treatment is fast, non-invasive, and usually only requires a small amount of anesthetic. If you’re ready to “erase” your crows feet, smiles lines, and forehead wrinkles with laser resurfacing then make sure you call Dr. Sikorski today at (949) 448-0487. In the meantime, check out our gallery of patient results [link to: https://www.naturalimageoc.com/before-and-after-photos] to see Dr. Sikorski’s breathtaking work for yourself.
What is Laser Resurfacing?
Orange County and Mission Viejo patients are often curious about how, exactly, a laser can make their skin look younger and tighter. Something vital to understand is that there are different types of lasers that accomplish different goals with the skin.
- Ablative – The word ablation simply means to remove skin or tissue. An ablative laser is one that actually destroys thin layers of skin beneath the surface to encourage new skin cell growth.
- Non-ablative – Conversely, a non-ablative laser does not destroy the skin. Instead, its goal is to encourage the growth of collagen.
Now, over the years, laser resurfacing technology has advanced by leaps and bounds. Dr. Sikorski has several cutting-edge lasers in our offices that are used for different patients with different needs.
Recovering Faster From Laser Resurfacing
Orange County and Mission Viejo patients that undergo laser resurfacing will need to take great care in their recovery to get the best possible results. Dr. Sikorski will discuss your unique recovery strategy with you in great detail. But these are some of the techniques that our patients use to speed up their recovery and get fabulous results.
- Infection – Infection is one of the biggest risks to your skin after laser resurfacing. Orange County and Mission Viejo patients will need to gently clean their skin several times a day to rinse off dead cells and other secretions.
- Moisture – Another huge priority is to keep the skin nice and moist.
- Stay out of the sun – Patients should avoid going out in the sun after laser resurfacing. Your fresh new skin cells are more susceptible to sun damage. If you do go out in the sun, use a broad-spectrum sunblock (SPF 30 or higher).
Why Work with Dr. Sikorski for Laser Resurfacing
Orange County and Mission Viejo men and women deserve to look and feel their best. Whether you have an important business meeting or socializing, having youthful, healthy skin can go a long way to improving your self-confidence and your self-esteem. That’s why patients call Dr. Sikorski. She has over 20 years of experience delivering life-changing and world-class laser resurfacing services to patients throughout the Orange County area. She is one of only a small, elite group of doctors to achieve certification with the American Board of Dermatology. Dr. Sikorski uses a gentle and attentive approach to her treatment that is influenced by her expertise as a premier artist and sculptor.
If you want to work with one of the leading doctors in all of Southern California, then help us help you by contacting us today for a laser resurfacing consultation at our office in the Orange County and Mission Viejo office at (949) 448-0487.