Introducing Natural Image OC Teledermatology
- Connect with one of our providers virtually, from the comfort and safety of your home, on your computer or smart device.
- Most major insurances accepted.
Get Started Today
You can request a Natural Image OC visit with your provider in one of two ways.
- Call our office to book your next virtual appointment.
- Request a teledermatology visit online.
Steps for Your Teledermatology Appointment
- You will receive an email with a customized link with instructions for your visit.
- Complete and return any attached forms to your email.
- We recommend arriving to your virtual appointment 5 minutes early to evaluate your device and connection.
- Have your photo ID and insurance card ready.
- Login at the time of your scheduled appointment.
- Video chat with your doctor online and share your concerns.
- Pick up your prescription at your preferred pharmacy and take care of any follow-up instructions from your doctor.
Basic equipment needs for a teledermatology visit.
- There is no need to download software or create an account. You will need access to an internet connection. Just use a browser on a computer or device with a camera and microphone enabled.
- You will need a fully charged computer or smart device, such as a cell phone or tablet, with a camera and microphone enabled. Please ensure you have your photo I.D. and insurance card ready when starting your visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Teledermatology / Virtual visit? It is a simple and convenient option to see your provider from anywhere by just going online, clicking on a personalized virtual room link to join them for a video call.
Will my insurance cover this? In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many insurance carriers are temporarily changing their guidelines and allowing increased coverage with easier access to telemedicine services. Please note that insurance guidelines are continually evolving during the COVID-19 situation. We will bill your insurance accordingly. Once the claim has been filed and processed, we will bill patients based on their insurance companies’ adjudication of the claim. Although we are not collecting copays/deductible/coinsurance at “virtual” time-of-service, we will still be billing the insurance companies as usual. Medicare has waived co-pays for telemedicine visits right now as an effort to encourage this form of communication over in-person visits when possible.
How can the provider diagnose a lesion through the PC? Our practice has selected an advanced telemedicine platform, Zoom Medical, which allows our providers to diagnose different skin conditions through your computer or smart device video. Telemedicine technology is more sophisticated now than ever before. During your virtual appointment, your provider may take screenshots of the lesion or ask that you send pictures for further evaluation. Should your provider feel you need to be seen in person, we will arrange for you to come to our office for an urgent visit as soon and safely as possible.
I do not have insurance; can I sign up for Teledermatology? Yes, self-pay patients may qualify for a special rate.
Is this a secured method? All data is encrypted, your sessions are anonymous, and none of your information is stored. We adhere to HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR data privacy requirements.