For our patients that want to freshen up their appearance but aren’t ready for a full facelift, one of the best possible options is called a “liquid facelift.” Orange County and Mission Viejo patients that want to erase some of their wrinkles and take just a few years off of their appearance can get beautiful, safe, and fast results with the liquid facelift. But one of the best reasons why our patients love the liquid facelift is because of how short the recovery time is. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at what exactly is a liquid facelift, and we’ll also share a few of our tips for the recovery period. If you’re interested in learning more about liquid facelifts, then make sure you call our offices today at (949) 448-0487. You can also check out our gallery of patient before and after pictures to see Dr. Sikorski’s breathtaking work for yourself.
What is a Liquid Facelift?
Orange County and Mission Viejo patients now have more options than ever before to reduce wrinkles and crow’s feet, smooth out skin, and plump up your lips. During your consultation with Dr. Sikorski, she’ll discuss all of your options in great detail. For our patients who aren’t ready for a full facelift but still want to look more rested and younger, a fabulous option is called a liquid facelift.
Orange County and Mission Viejo patients love this procedure because it is:
- Fast – The procedure can last anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour.
- Non-invasive – As the name implies, the liquid facelift only uses injectables to improve your skin.
- Quick recovery – With a full surgical facelift, the recovery period can take weeks or months. With a liquid facelift, patients can often return to work immediately.
- Almost painless – With a surgical facelift, patients often need pain medication afterward to help them through the first couple days. But with a liquid facelift, many of our patients can get the full treatment with just a local anesthetic (we do offer other sedation options like intravenous sedation).
The liquid facelift uses injectable products like BOTOX®, KYBELLA®, RADIESSE®, Restylane®, and others to fill in wrinkles, boost lip volume, and correct many of the signs of aging.
Recovery Tips for the Liquid Facelift
Orange County and Mission Viejo patients are often able to head immediately back to work after getting a liquid facelift. There is virtually no discomfort, but there are two main risks: bruising and swelling.
That’s why, after your treatment, you should take a few precautions to make sure that you get the best results possible.
- Don’t do any strenuous activities – For the first 24 hours, patients should avoid exercising or other strenuous activities. This increases your heart rate and can increase swelling and bruising.
- Avoid lots of heat – Going in a spa or a sauna after a liquid facelift can bring more blood to the face which may increase bruising.
- Don’t go in the sun – Your skin may be sensitive after your treatment. Make sure you avoid the sun after your liquid facelift, and you may also want to put on some sunblock to protect your skin.
- Follow Dr. Sikorski’s instructions – All of our patients will get a full set of recovery instructions. Make sure that you follow those instructions, so you get the best possible results.
Why Our Patients Love Dr. Sikorski
One of the things that many patients don’t realize is exactly how much time they’ll end up spending with their dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Our Orange County and Mission Viejo patients absolutely love how caring, compassionate, and attentive Dr. Sikorski is at every single visit. She listens to all of your concerns, answers your questions, and truly understands her patients. On top of that, Dr. Sikorski is one of the most respected and “in demand” doctors in all of Southern California. She was also recognized as a Top Medical Professional in Orange Coast Magazine in 2015 and donates much of her free time to providing skin cancer screenings in our community.
For more aftercare tips for a liquid facelift, give us a call today at our office in the Mission Viejo and Orange County area. Call (949) 448-0487 to get started.