Eczema can be caused by:
- Contact with substances that chemically aggravate the skin like detergents, soaps, engine oils, strong chemicals, etc.
- Stress, dry weather or, hot or cold temperatures.
- Environmental allergens.
Treatments for Skin Rash and Dermatitis
Some rashes are self limiting, meaning they go away after exposure to the allergen is removed.
Typical treatments may include anti-itch topical medications with menthol or an antihistamine.
- Oral antihistamine (such as Benadryl)
- Topical corticosteroids – both over the counter concentrations and Prescribed levels
- Cool compresses, oatmeal based products and bland moisturizers.
One of the most common allergens is nickel, present in many costume earrings or jewelry. Other common and often undiagnosed allergies revolve around cosmetics, perfumes, nail polish and detergents.
Sensitive skinned individuals are advised to use fragrance free products for personal care and laundry.
Your Consultation Visit
You’ll enjoy a relaxing visit to our office where you can ask questions, meet our staff, take a tour of our office and surgical suite and view additional photo results of our OC patients.
Your consultation assessment is with Dr. Sikorski, not an impersonal or commissioned sales person. Fees and procedure preparations are discussed with our patient coordinator, who will detail the surgical experience with you.
We look forward to meeting with you and helping you find the simplest solution to achieve the goals you desire. Contact us for more information on Dermatitis or schedule a consultation with Dr. Sikorski. Call or use our online form today.